World News For All

Thursday, April 28, 2016

5 RIDICULOUSLY EASY BUSY MOM HEALTH TIPS

Today I’m sharing 5 Ridiculously Easy Mom Health Tips in partnership with Megan Media and the Colgate blogging program #MyColgateSelfie. All busy mom opinions are my own.

5 RIDICULOUSLY EASY BUSY MOM HEALTH TIPS #MYCOLGATESELFIE


There are two words that go together more often than PB&J these days, Busy and Mom. I’m right there with you. And after 7 years with the label “Busy mom,” I’ve noticed one thing that has suffered. My health. So busy loving, preparing and teaching these 2 kids, my health takes a back seat to their life stories. But this mom needs to be around for many, many, many more years and so do you. So today, I’ve made THIS list for you, Busy Mom. 5 Ridiculously Easy Busy Mom Health Tips – smalls changes that can improve our health and get us back on track, just in time for National Women’s Health Week. So easy, even a busy mom can do it.


EAT BETTER

Notice I said the word better. It’s unrealistic to think that busy moms can just magically change their whole diets overnight. I can’t do it. I wouldn’t expect you to. But maybe instead of grabbing for that easy to reach doughnut for breakfast, you can grab a banana instead. Instead of eating those toddler plate leftovers, maybe you can make yourself the salad you’ve been actually wanting. Or NOT skipping meals. I know we’ve ALL been there before. The point is for you to eat, mom. Make wiser food choices for yourself. Don’t sacrifice your meal for your kids. Stop buying the cookies and candy that are for “your kids.” Don’t eat junk and endure the crash later. You need the energy to keep up with them. Eat and eat better.

GET OUTSIDE

A cool breeze, some natural vitamin D and the smell of the outdoors, it can all do a mom wonders. I always seem to find that my mood is 1000% better when I take the time to get outside everyday. Playing at the playground, having a picnic lunch, walking on the beach, biking to the park, heck just running around the backyard with the kids. Making sure that you soak in the day with a bit of nature can make your psyche so much more amazing.

FIND 10 MINUTES

I’m not asking for an hour. Or even 30 minutes. I’m asking you to find just 10 minutes in your day. Take 10 minutes to relax, to exercise, to do something you enjoy….heck even take a shower by yourself. Find 10 minutes to get away from the people you love and focus on YOU. That 5:30 time when the husband gets home is always “my time.” I finally get that stress-release workout in, or run errands by myself, or just sit in the bathroom without an audience rushing in. It’s your time to rejuvenate those mom batteries. Do it.

LAUGH

Laughter is the best medicine. Seriously. Don’t go a day without laughing at your child’s latest joke (or attempt at), enjoying the company of your spouse, or even laughing at yourself. Change your mood, laugh away some calories, release those “feel good” endorphins and create happy memories that last a lifetime.

MAKE THE SWITCH FOR ORAL HEALTH

Who else has gone a whole day unsure if they remembered to brush their teeth? *Sheepish hand raise.* I get it, mom. Your day can turn on a dime, and that routine you’ve been so accustomed to (before kids…remember those days?) gets thrown out the window with your baby’s latest blow out. But oral health is a serious matter, and a foundation for your overall health. So I made an easy switch to improve my oral health thanks to Colgate Total® Daily Repair Regimen.
By replacing my old routine with Colgate Total® Daily Repair, I can not only kill germs but fight against early teeth damage and gum damage too. Every single day. Brush with Colgate Total® Daily Repair Toothpaste for that deep down oral health clean all while freshening breath and whitening teeth. And finish strong with the new Colgate Total® Daily Repair Mouthwash that repairs your teeth all while killing bad breath germs. You can save $1 right now on the Colgate Total® Daily Repair Regimen by grabbing yourColgate Coupons and beginning your journey to a healthy smile.

SHARE #MYCOLGATESELFIE FOR NATIONAL WOMEN’S HEALTH WEEK

National Women’s Health Week is the perfect time for busy moms to focus on their health and well-being. It’s a time for us to join together, support each other and make simple, easy decisions towards making our lives better for the people we love. I want to ensure that I am around to help my babies grow, change, love and become people that will impact our world in a big way. But in order to see all of their amazing milestones, I have to take care of myself too. So today, I’m sharing #MyColgateSelfie for National Women’s Health Week as a reminder to amazing moms everywhere to make those small changes for a better, healthier you. 
You’ll be surprised how just a tweak in your daily routine can make years of difference. Pledge today for National Women’s Health Week and beyond that you will make that first step to improve your health. Every little change can mean the world to the people you love. Put you and your health first, because busy moms are worth it too.

WHAT IS YOUR RIDICULOUSLY EASY HEALTH TIP FOR BUSY MOMS? WHY IS HEALTH IMPORTANT TO YOU?

Share:

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Ads 300 x 600

Categories

About

Blog Archive

Recent Posts

Unordered List

Sample Text

Pages

Theme Support

Powered by Blogger.

Facebook

Random Posts

Recent Posts

Popular Posts

Featured