World News For All

Tuesday, April 19, 2016

Leeds Rhinos Foundation's Try Club health programme inspires positive lifestyle changes : News : Leeds Rhinos



The group of 11 men who attended the weekly sessions have lost over 120lbs between them and the slimmer waistlines have not been their only transformations, with members on the programme saying it has helped them change their lives.

Self-employed Bill Brady joined the programme with the aim of kick starting a lifestyle change to see him become more active and achieve his personal goal of getting his weight under 14st by the end of the programme.

"When I first considered Try Club I was looking at lifestyle changes for me and to get more active and the benefit of the programme is that it also looks at food, so it ticked both boxes really," said Brady.

As a result of the health and fitness advice he learned on the programme, the 62-year-old finished week 12 with a personal weight loss of 7.2kg, achieving his weight loss goal, and also developed an interest in running as a motivator to keep his lifestyle change going.

"After two or three weeks I set myself a goal of taking on the Asda Foundation Leeds 10k and wondered whether I could actually achieve that, well after 12 weeks I am now convinced I can do that and I'm now embarking on the process of doing the training."

The programme's 50/50 split between classroom learning and fitness activity, has also given all the participants on the course the tools and knowledge to keep their diet and food intake under control.

"Both my family and colleagues are now starting to notice the difference visually," added Brady.

"They can see you losing weight, instead of walking around with a fairly hefty stomach. When I see what has happened to me in 12 weeks I find it phenomenal, I'd love to see it succeed even more with more groups spread across different backgrounds as well."
Share:

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Ads 300 x 600

Categories

About

Blog Archive

Recent Posts

Unordered List

Sample Text

Pages

Theme Support

Powered by Blogger.

Facebook

Random Posts

Recent Posts

Popular Posts

Featured